Tips To Prepare Your Home for Professional Imaging...
- Check that all light bulbs are working.
- Check that all light bulbs are the same color temperature.
- Turn on as many lights beforehand as you can.
- Open all blinds.
- Fans should be turned off.
- Clean off counters and remove any clutter
- Make sure all dishes are put away
- Empty the garbage can, or if possible hide from view
- Remove items posted on refrigerator
- Remove dish towels from oven, cabinets and sink
- Put essential items used daily in a small box that can be stored away
- Close toilet lid and empty the garbage can
- Clean mirrors & glass surfaces
- Hang your best towels neatly from a towel bar
- If inside of shower or bathtub is visible, limit the number of viewable products
- Spruce up entryways, gardens and lawns – trim shrubbery if necessary
- Yard and patio should be neat – outdoor furniture should be in good shape
- Mow the lawn – make sure the driveway & entryway are free of clutter
- In the winter, keep the sidewalks cleared of snow
- Remove vehicles from driveway and don’t park directly in front of the house
- Remove clutter and tidy up shelves
- Straighten couch pillows
- Turn off televisions and hide the remotes
The biggest issue you can address ahead of time is clutter. Look at your rooms as if you were looking at them through a camera. What catches your eye will also catch the eye of your viewer. Potential buyers should be looking at your home and not the stuff. Take a few moments to declutter each room and ensure things are in order.